MULTI DROP DELIVERY DRIVER - Campbell Brothers South
Location: London – Woolwich
Job type: Full-time, Permanent
Working days/hours: 5 over 6 days Monday to Saturday
Salary/Rate of pay: From £26,910 per annum
Campbell Brothers have been Catering Butchers since 1902, first established as Scotland’s oldest traditional catering butcher, we pride ourselves on creating long term partnerships. Ethical Sourcing, animal welfare, sustainability, provenance and traceability are all paramount to everything we stand for.
We are a local Butcher with nationwide supply with our depots based in Edinburgh and London, both sites are BRC accredited and are managed by passionate people with many years of experience in the meat industry; supplying the UK with a full range of top restaurant quality meats along with our outstanding reputation.
Campbell Brothers also forms part of the Bidfresh Group, a principal British supplier of fresh meat, fish and produce to the catering industry; a national supplier with strong local heritage. The spectrum of our client base reaches from care homes to Michelin star restaurants, and our vision to be every chef’s first choice for fresh ingredients.
If you are enthusiastic and actively seek to understand the specific needs of our different customers, look to regularly exceed their expectations and enjoy working in a fast paced environment, then this is an exciting time for you to join a dynamic team within a leading food services business.
What we can offer you
It is really important to us to make sure we are focused in making things happen in the right areas for our employees. We have a diverse team and we are proud at being receptive to everyone’s different needs and priorities. With this in mind we offer a great range of employee benefits that focus on wellbeing and financial needs:
- Health care cash plan which gives you money back on everyday medical costs such as Prescriptions, Opticians, dentists, 24/7 access to a digital GP and more!
- Access to free confidential support and counselling
- Discount to a number of high street brands
- Employee saving scheme
- Pension scheme which offers 3% employer contribution and 5% employee with the option for you to increase your contributions
- 28 days holiday (Including Bank holidays)
About the Role
You’ll be delivering food products to our customers in multiple locations throughout the day. The route can vary on a day-to-day basis but there will also be regular customers, meaning there’s a good mix of both variety and familiarity, which our drivers appreciate. Being a multi-drop role, it will help you keep fit as you’re often out of the cab, meeting customers, and being the face of our business to so many people. Our customers rely on you to feed their customers, so the arrival of our van is always a welcome sight.
We like to keep things as straightforward and simple as possible, below is an overview of what the role as Multi-drop driver looks like and what we require from you
This role includes:
- Transportation and delivery of quality produce to caterers
- Manual handling i.e. loading and unloading of goods
- Monitoring temperatures and quality of produce
- Completing/processing paperwork such as daily manifests and goods return slips
- Carrying out vehicle checks and ensuring the van is kept clean, tidy and ready for inspection at any given time
- Assisting with customer queries and resolving any issues, supported by the customer service team
- Supporting the transport managers in day to day activities as required
- Complying with legislative requirements and company policies and procedures
- Full UK driver’s license
- Previous multi-drop delivery experience is essential, preferably in the fresh food area
- Good time management, punctual and reliable
- Well-developed communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to deliver exceptional service to customer
- Demonstrates drive and positive approach to work
- Team player
- Flexible approach
- Willingness to learn
- Able to work well independently, must be enthusiastic and self-motivated
Please send your CV with a covering letter to: Vanessa Mukasa - email@example.com