Job title: Butcher
Job type: Full-time
Hours per week: 40 hrs
Working days/hours: Mon - Fri 8.00am till 4.30pm
Salary/Rate of pay: £12 - £13 per hour dependent on experience
Closing date: 12/11/2023
Job reference: PRA5285
Who we are
Campbell Brothers have been Catering Butchers since 1902, first established as Scotland’s oldest traditional catering butcher, we pride ourselves on creating long term partnerships. Ethical Sourcing, animal welfare, sustainability, provenance and traceability are all paramount to everything we stand for.
We are a local Butcher with nationwide supply with our depots based in Edinburgh and London, both sites are BRC accredited and are managed by passionate people with many years of experience in the meat industry; supplying the UK with a full range of top restaurant quality meats along with our outstanding reputation.
Campbell Brothers also forms part of the Bidfresh Group, a principal British supplier of fresh meat, fish and produce to the catering industry; a national supplier with strong local heritage. The spectrum of our client base reaches from care homes to Michelin star restaurants, and our vision to be every chef’s first choice for fresh ingredients.
If you are enthusiastic and actively seek to understand the specific needs of our different customers, look to regularly exceed their expectations and enjoy working in a fast paced environment, then this is an exciting time for you to join a dynamic team within a leading food services business.
What we can offer you
It is really important to us to make sure we are focused in making things happen in the right areas for our employees. We have a diverse team and we are proud at being receptive to everyone’s different needs and priorities. With this in mind we offer a great range of employee benefits that focus on wellbeing and financial needs:
- Health care cash plan which gives you money back on everyday medical costs such as Prescriptions, Opticians, dentists, 24/7 access to a digital GP and more!
- Access to free confidential support and counselling
- Discount to a number of high street brands
- Employee saving scheme
- Pension scheme which offers 3% employer contribution and 5% employee with the option for you to increase your contributions
- 28 days holiday (Including Bank holidays)
A bit about this role:
As one of our Butchers you will be amongst our experienced team, within a factory environment, working with different meat types from Beef, Pork, Lamb, Chicken and Poultry. You will play a vital role preparing customer orders to their preferred requirements. We offer a wide range of development opportunities within Campbells, where training is provided to improve your skills and knowledge, allowing the opportunity to earn more money along the way. We like to keep things as straightforward and simple as possible, below is an overview of what the role entails:
This role includes:
• Cutting, grinding, and preparing meats to customer specifications
• Maximising the yield of the product and minimising waste to ensure production is as efficient as possible
• Inspecting product quality and temperature and identifying any non-conforming products
• Weighing, packaging, and labelling products
• Cleaning and maintaining tools and equipment
• Keeping accurate records of inventory
• Adhering to food safety and sanitation standards
• Maintaining and adhering to company health, safety and quality policies
• Embracing training opportunities and taking ownership of your own personal development
• Attending staff meetings on a regular basis.
• Assisting in other warehouse/production duties as required
This role is site based and involves working in a chilled environment for prolonged periods. Uniform and PPE are supplied.
• Training in food preparation and specialist butchering experience as set out above.
• Ability to use hand tools, stand or walk for extended periods, lift heavy items, and work in cold environments
• Knowledge of meat preparation techniques and cuts
• Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise work tasks to meet set deadlines
• Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to work well independently; must be enthusiastic and self-motivated
• Demonstrates drive and positive approach to work
• Team player
Please send your CV with a covering letter including reference to: Ross McCormick, Operations Manager, RMcCormick@campbellbrothers.co.uk