Job title: National Account Manager (South)
Location: London – Woolwich
Job type: Full-time, Permanent
Working days/hours: Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Salary/Rate of pay: 35,000.00 – 45,000.00 + Company Car Allowance
Closing date: 31/01/2024
Campbell Brothers have been Catering Butchers since 1902, first established as Scotland’s oldest traditional catering butcher, we pride ourselves on creating long term partnerships. Ethical Sourcing, animal welfare, sustainability, provenance and traceability are all paramount to everything we stand for.
We are a local Butcher with nationwide supply with our depots based in London and Edinburgh, both sites are BRC accredited and are managed by passionate people with many years of experience in the meat industry; supplying the UK with a full range of top restaurant quality meats along with our outstanding reputation.
Campbell Brothers also forms part of the Bidfresh Group, a principal British supplier of fresh meat, fish and produce to the catering industry; a national supplier with strong local heritage. The spectrum of our client base reaches from care homes to Michelin star restaurants, and our vision to be every chef’s first choice for fresh ingredients.
If you are enthusiastic and actively seek to understand the specific needs of our different customers, look to regularly exceed their expectations and enjoy working in a fast paced environment, then this is an exciting time for you to join a dynamic team within a leading food services business.
What we can offer you
It is really important to us to make sure we are focused in making things happen in the right areas for our employees. We have a diverse team and we are proud at being receptive to everyone’s different needs and priorities. With this in mind we offer a great range of employee benefits that focus on wellbeing and financial needs:
- Health care cash plan which gives you money back on everyday medical costs such as Prescriptions, Opticians, dentists, 24/7 access to a digital GP and more!
- Access to free confidential support and counselling
- Discount to a number of high street brands
- Employee saving scheme
- Pension scheme which offers 3% employer contribution and 5% employee with the option for you to increase your contributions
- 28 days holiday (Including Bank holidays)
About the Role
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing strategic customer accounts at a national level, maximising all opportunities for sales within those accounts. This will include, but is not limited to, completing tender processes at contract renewal stage, negotiating pricing, undertaking menu development and training, analysing weekly and monthly KPIs, and understanding commercial terms at a high level
Whilst you will be part of our team, the position is home based. You should, for this reason, be able to work independently and be self-motivated. You will also be required to travel all over the UK as required by the demands of your customers. Working hours are 8am until 5pm, although some flexibility will be required. You will provided with a company laptop and mobile phone. You should hold a full UK driving licence with 3 points or less.
We like to keep things as straightforward and simple as possible, below is an overview of what the role entails:
This role includes:
- Managing large company accounts for the company and building relationships with key personnel.
- Networking within national accounts in order to secure all business opportunities.
- Ensuring internal company functions give the highest level of customer service to national accounts.
- Ensuring incoming orders are fulfilled effectively.
- Holding regular monthly meetings with internal stakeholders about key accounts.
- Investigating and resolving queries and issues raised by national accounts.
- Taking a proactive approach to account management.
- Arranging meetings with all relevant decision makers within the customer.
- Holding business reviews to assess opportunities for sales.
- Candidates applying for this role should have previous sales experience preferably within foodservice (Meat experience is preferable but not essential).
- You will be sales focused and will deliver against target, with experience of managing accounts at a national level
- Have a good understanding of margin orientated targets
- You will need to be highly organised with effective time management skills.
- You will be able to demonstrate assured and professional communication, both written and verbal.
- You should be driven and motivated by targets with the personal resilience to work well under pressure.
- Knowledge of commercial incentives in the sector and experience of dealing with high level negations.
- Experience of pricing up business & completing tenders
- Accountability - ensuring effective communication at all times with our Clients. Handling complaints, finding solutions where and when required, ensuring excellent management of accounts.
- Ability to present to an audience
- You are a team player
- Computer literacy
- Great, planning, prioritising and organisational skills
- Positive, friendly and can do attitude
- Confidence and assertiveness to achieve goals in a respectful and positive manner
Please send your CV with a covering letter to: Neil McCole, Director of Sales, NMcCole@campbellbrothers.co.uk